2012年2月7日星期二

Contador: "I will continue"

Just over 24 hours after learning of his suspension for two years by the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Alberto Contador spoke to reporters Tuesday from a hotel in Pinto, near Madrid, where he resides. Faced with hundreds of microphones and cameras staring before him, the Spaniard has again protested his innocence. "I do not agree with the judgment of the pile. I try to understand, but I can not do it. I do not understand this penalty. During all these months I have done everything to prove my innocence" .
Without going into the merits of the case, the leader of the Saxo-Bank denies having doped and prejudice the trial of Tas. "Today, in a sense, I am satisfied, as anyone who reads the report of Tas understand that I am not doped. The amounts of clenbuterol are ridiculous, they can not increase performance. Traces found may be related to a dietary supplement that I have ingested unknowingly. " So forget the version of the contamination through a Spanish beef, considered unlikely by the CAS. Emu but combative, the Spanish rider is determined to continue his career: "I will continue to run cleanly, as I have done throughout my career (...) Everyone thinks which means that decision, but I will keep running for several years and even though my morale is low, this will make me stronger. "
A victim role
Posing as a victim, Contador harvest even the applause of the audience, composed mainly of Iberian journalists: "Before going to the Giro, I even passed a lie detector test, sit for five hours, as an offender. In Switzerland, at the final hearing (in November), I even told the judges "If I can still do something to clear my name, tell me, because I do not know what to do '." Without reading a single note, the Pistolero explains that he "lived a hassle", "I have not slept for months. Each time I took the bike, I wanted to go soon. I do not want anyone (.. .) For the good of all sports, all cyclists and sport in general, I want to finish this process faster. It can not last so long. " A suit of scapegoat that the Spaniard has endorsed since the beginning of the case and it does not seem ready to let go.
Well if he will call - "My lawyers are working on this decision and consider all possible solutions, we will fight to the end" - the Castilian seems to have solved its sanction and is willing to resume competition once served his suspension: "I have the time to organize my future by August (it is allowed to resume competition from August 5") and hope to be at my best upon my return. I want to look good to me. "Alberto Contador did not yet finished with the bike, but the question remains whether his team, Saxo-Bank, will be ready to resume.
This alongside the Spaniard, Bjarne Riis said its full support to the latter: "I'm sure from the beginning that Alberto Contador did nothing. We will respect the law, give our full support to Alberto, until his innocence is proven. " A speech that really did not fit with the attitude of the Danish manager, rather aloof with his leader that he has not made the slightest glance. Concerned about the future of his training, which has already lost a sponsor and could be withdrawn World Tour status after this affair, Riis Contador is ready to resume ... but not at any price.

没有评论:

发表评论